- In the selection of materials the Mohave County Library District follows the guidelines of the American Library Association and the Arizona Library Association as expressed in the Library Bill of Rights and interpretations of the Library Bill of Rights approved and endorsed by the Arizona Library Association in its Intellectual Freedom Manual for Arizona Libraries, as those documents comply with federal and Arizona statutes.
- The Library seeks to maintain a balance of materials expressing a variety of views but not necessarily maintaining a numerical balance on all subjects.
- Mohave County Library respects the rights and responsibilities of parents or guardians in the selection of and access to materials by children and young adults. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to determine restrictions for their children.
- Selection of materials for the Library will not be inhibited by the possibility that materials may come into the possession of children.
- The Library collection will be organized and maintained to facilitate No special labeling, sequestering or alteration of materials will be sanctioned.
- Individuals or groups objecting to any portion of the Library’s collection or resources are requested to state their opinions in writing, using the “Request for Review of Library ” Library resources may include materials in any format, including, but not limited to, print, audio visual and electronic content.
- The Request for Review of Library Resources form is available at all library locations or may be obtained through the Library District administrative office. Receipt of the completed form will be acknowledged within ten The request will be reviewed by an ad hoc committee established by the Library Director. Members of the committee will be appointed by the Director and may include, but not be limited to, a designated staff member, a member of the Library Citizens’ Advisory Committee, and a member of the general public. A written reply will be mailed within six weeks after the receipt of the request.
- Individuals not satisfied with the outcome of the review have the right of appeal to the Mohave County Board of Supervisors, sitting as the Mohave County Library Board of