Resource Access and Attainment Policy (Interlibrary Loan)
COVERAGE: All Staff
RESPONSIBLE: All Staff
SUPERCEDES: Section 4301 03/07/2011
REVIEWED BY: Citizens’ Advisory Committee
APPROVED BY: Board of Supervisors
- Mohave County Library will work with patrons to locate desired
- Mohave County Library offers Interlibrary Loan services to card holders in good standing and to requesting libraries that have a reciprocal borrowing agreement with Mohave County Library District or agree to the ILL guidelines established by the American Library Association. The Library will provide materials through inter-library loan to other Arizona libraries at no charge. Interlibrary loan requests must come from a library.
- The Library will provide information to patrons on options for obtaining materials, including patron purchase of low-cost materials, library purchase of the materials, database, web and other online sources, or interlibrary loan.
- The library strives to provide fee-free interlibrary loans to patrons. However, any fees imposed by a lending library, and postage costs, may be passed on to the patron. In these instances the patron will be notified in advance and given the option of receiving or rejecting the materials as priced.
- Only books, copies of specific articles or pages from journals, magazines, newspapers and non-circulating reference and genealogy materials may be requested through interlibrary loan. The lending library determines what will be loaned and the length of the loan period.
- Charges for interlibrary loan materials that are overdue, damaged or lost will be subject to costs determined and imposed by the lending library.