Mohave County Library in Bullhead City challenges you to read 1,000 books with your child before kindergarten!
How does the program work?
• First, visit your nearest Mohave County Library to sign up and pickup your first log sheet.
• Read and record all the books you share. These can even be books that you listen to in storytime, or books that an older sibling reads. Have a favorite book? Record it every time you read it together.
• Once you finish 100 books, bring in your completed log to receive a free book, and pick up your next log sheet.
• After you finish 1,000 books, your child will receive a brand new book!
• The program is FREE and open to any children from birth until they enter kindergarten.
• 1,000 books might seem impossible, but if you read just one story every day, you’ll have 1,095 in three years!
• More than one child in the program? You can count the same
book for each child.
• The program is not a contest to see who can finish the fastest. Reading together is a great way to build early literacy skills and to help prepare your child for school.
Visit the Bullhead City library kids area to sign up or www.1000booksbeforekindergarten.org for more information.